Saturday, March 03, 2007

The reason why I write in English

While looking thought the website of a Japanese-speaking English teacher in Saitama (http://yaplog.jp/tekusaga/), I noticed that he had started out thinking in English intentionally even in his daily life in Japan and he believed that it was the best way to improve his English skills.

I'm not writing this because I want to verify what he is saying. However, I kind of understand why he started out thinking that way. If your English is reaching the Advanced level, the difference between English and Japanese really annoys you. Even if you can't speak like native speakers, sometimes you feel that English might be the better language to express yourself. Probably native speakers have difficulty understanding what I am saying now. But, I will try to explain as well as I can So, please follow me.

What makes Japanese-speaking Advanced English learners want to prefer English to Japanese for expressing themselves is that in English-speaking culture, people try to get to the point, but that in Japan, people need to go out of way to have others understand your feelings.

By the way, you may wonder why I'm writing in English. The reason is very simple: I want more and more people to read my blog.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.