Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Being uncool is cool.

Bowling for Soup
Today I bought two CDs at HMV in Shinjuku. I hadn't bought any CD for a long time. What did I buy? One of them are "A Hangover You Don't Deserve" by Bowling for Soup. I often heard their music on MTV, so listening to their music on MTV reminds me of the days in the states.

Their music also entices me into thinking back. It's kind of nostalgic. When I was around 20, I often went to the HMV and bought a bunch of CDs that looked like a cubic when I brought them to the cashier. In those days, Swedish pop music was really in. The Cardigans was one of the coolest bands among us. There's another Swedish band named Cloudberry Jam. They aren't popular any more and I don't know how to get in touch with the friends who recommended me to listen to their music. That's kind of sad..l.

Another reason I kind of like Bowling for Soup is that they don't look cool. Actually they look tacky, but they are cool. When you notice that most of the things and people in this world aren't that cool, it gives me kind of happiness to know that a band like Bowling for Soup is popular.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.