Friday, March 23, 2007

Be spontaneous!

Today I was asked to interpret for an English speaker at a meeting. Although I have translated some materials written in English into Japanese and vice versa, it was my first time to do simultaneous translation. And I couldn't do a good job and I became like a lame duck.

But, I learned one thing from this experience. You must not think while interpreting at a meeting. You've got to keep going, which was kind of hard to me, because I'm a thinker. Well, probably I should stop bitching because if you want to speak English fluently, your language is supposed to be made spontaneously.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.