Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Say "thank you" Part II -- Lovely all-Japanese ladies and gentlemen.

Maybe this guy prefers "no way!" to "thank you."
I want to say something more about "thank you." Let me give you a question. You are a girl talking with somebody. He/she appriciates your appearance, like "You are beautiful." What's your first reaction?

I would say, "Thank you," right? But, if you really really really want to be a typical girl who pleases conservative Japanese people. You've got to say "No way!"

If you said "thank you," they may think of you as a cocky woman. Well, although I was born in Japan, sometimes I feel frustrated by this value. It's too conservative.

By the way, let me tell you some silly story. One of my Japanese friends was working in the United States. He said to his female colleague, "What's up, bitch?" Then, the colleague slapped him on the face. I think that Japanese people studying and working in the United States decided to leave Japan because they don't like traditional values of Japan, and they tend to be impudent at times after they knew most Americans are rather liberal than Japanese people. Can you say "what's up, bitch?" to these girls?






Or do you want to ask them "are you a bimbo?"

Note: The Japanese word "binbo(びんぼう)" will be pronounced the same as "bimbo" in English. But, the two have very different meanings. I won't tell you the meanings of these words. That's what you have got to learn by yourself.

1 comment:

blah said...

Haha. Binbo in that since means "poor" in Japanese. I haven't seen a pun about this in anime yet! ^_^

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.