Monday, February 19, 2007

Lost in translation!?


I went to Roppongi Hills yesterday. It was my first time (Are you really a Tokyoite? LOL). Anyway, the place around Roppongi Hills was more terrible than I had thought. While I was waiting for the traffic sign to turn green, I heard a couple of foreigners speaking in English. Well, it wasn't the sort of English I wanted to hear. It was the English gangsters in American movies use. As a person who always wants to speak like Anderson Cooper (just kidding), I felt so unconfortable.

Anyway, the reason I went there was to see a person I had met in Illinois. Now, she is working for the American Embassy in Tokyo. She looked fine. The problem was that she brought her friends, some of whom spoke English and the other of whom spoke English. What happened was the Japanese speakers said to me, "Where are you from?" after giving me some compliments to my Japanese. I was relactant to say, "I am from Japan" at that time (LOL). Actually, that is not the first time I was mistaken for a non-Japanese.

Well, anyway, I like international cities, but even if I had plenty of money, I wouldn't want to live in Roppongi.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.