Saturday, May 19, 2007

Whether or not a textbook is appropriate depends on students...


I am teaching grammar to international students in Japan. And the textbook I'm using is a workbook for middle school students in Japan. This is a famous one. And it reminds me of my youth, who was very struggling with this workbook. And I find it difficult to use this textbook with my students who can't speak Japanese fluently. This textbook might be appropriate for English learners in Japan who want to review what they learned in middle school or high school, but it has got to be inappropriate. I want to use another one, but I don't have the right to do that. Hmm...

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.