Saturday, April 14, 2007

A word that I learned from my student

Yesterday, I encounterd a word I didn't know in my class. A student asked me about the word below. She was writing a sentence like below and asked me a question about it:

I want to go to the shopping mall. I want to gallivant there.

I understood what she wanted to say, but I wasn't sure if this is the right sentence because I didn't know the word to "gallivant." Now, I looked it up and the meaning is below:

gallivant (v.) to wander about in search of amusement or pleasure.

Actually, I express the same contenct in this way:

I want to hang out in the shopping mall.

Anyway, I still need to work on my vocabulary. And recently, I feel that many words I learned during the three years in the US are away from my head. How forgetful I am!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.