Monday, April 09, 2007

Wanna go to an island.

World Map

Today I had to watch some students taking an exam. Since I was kind of bored, I was looking at a world map put on the wall. That made me think of my possiblity to go abroad, and I started out considering where to go.


I have lived in the United States for three years, and I loved the life up there. However, I think that the states isn't the best place to visit for a vacation. Except for some big cities such as New York or Chicago, you would have to drive to look around.

If you don't want to drive a car during the trip, you should go to Europe rather than to the US.

Since I speak only English other than Japanese, probably it is safe to go to English-speaking coutries or some countries where most people can speak English. I've visited Netherlands and Germany. I want to go to Sweden and Denmark, but I know it is kind of expensive.

While thinking about that kind of things, one thought came out of my head. How about going to an Island. My first instinct is Isle of Man, which is refered to in Agatha Christy's novel. Since I'm kind of childish, I like the idea to go to an island where there is few people. After the thought, I looked through the map more carefully. Then, I found many islands where English should be spoken. I'm not talking about the places like Hawaii, where many Japanese visit. Instead, I want to go to a place where there's no Japanese. If I have a chance, I will visit those places.
Isle of Man

Anyway, thanks to the world map, I didn't feel bored that much.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.