Sunday, June 10, 2007

Seijo, Setagaya

I went to Seijo University to take the EIKEN test in Practical English Proficency today. When I reached Seijo Gakuenmae Station, I recognized the shopping center at the station looked like a shopping mall in the United States. And the area itself looked different than most areas of Tokyo, which is pretty much squalid. Most people who live here belong to the upper-middle class or higher. Although I have lived in Tokyo for more than 20 years, Any time has never made me feel that there is a clear gap even inside Tokyo more than now. Yoshimichi (Gido) Nakajima, who I respect, said, though, that Tokyo is just unsophisticated and there is no difference between Ikebukuro and Karasuyama, Setagaya.

This place is so clean that nobody would believe it's Tokyo. Unfortunately, the area where I live is not as clean as here.


By the way, the 1st Grade of the EIKEN test was too difficult for me. I really feel that I have got to have more vocabulary. And my listening comprehension isn't good enough.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.