Saturday, September 22, 2007

You can't learn anything about your life from detective stories.

I finished reading Yusuke Higuchi's A Good-For-Nothing Fellow last night. Not bad. However, I didn't find myself obsessed with his novels as much as I used to be. I don't know why. Probably people around me would say it is because I has become too old. Yeah, people can't stop getting old and becoming old means giving up a lot that excites you.

Anyway, this book was based on his other book, which is written ten years ago. However, he changed the main character into one of the heroes he created, Sohei Yuzuki. Anyway, Yuzuki is kind of a girl who appears in the novels of Raymond Chandler, Micheal Z. Lewin, and so on.

I am a fan of detective stories, and I know that there's a kind of group of people who are fond of hard-boiled mysteries. I don't say that I hate to read those novels, but I don't want myself to be like heroes in those novels, which don't seem to be cool.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.