Saturday, September 22, 2007

Are you obsessed with something?

I watched a movie named "the Commitments" (1991). This movie describes youngsters in Dublin who makes a band, which I think is good. I guess anyone who wants to be a artist, such as a musician, writer, and actor, has got a strong ego that irritates others. And if these people get together to accomplish one goal, there will be a lot of trouble. This movie reminds me of a group meeting of school paper editors I belonged to when I was a high school student. Although they were not artistic, most people in the group had strong egos and arguments. I just observed them and always wondered why they needed to be that excited.

Dubliners who engaged in making a soul band

Probably if you are like them, you don't know why I'm talking about now. Well, I couldn't be like them because I wasn't able to be absorbed in editing school papers, which didn't look that cool. But, at the same time, I envied them because I knew that it is a previledge of young people to get crazy about something, whatever it is. In a way, my youth was already gone even when I was in high school. That sucked.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.