Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Obon -- Summer Holiday

Now, it is the Obon season. People are back to their home towns. However, I don't feel like doing anything. First, my hometown is Tokyo (BTW, my second hometown is Missouri, USA), so I don't have to go to the countryside during the holidays. Also, it is too muggy in Tokyo, it's better to stay in the house rather than to go outside.

When I was a teennager, I used to expect that something would happen in summer. Maybe I was influenced by the image of TV commercials that describe happy summer locations, beautiful ladies wearing swim-suits, etc. However, I became enough smart to know that nothing special would happen in summer. It may mean that I have grown up and I should be delighted. I feel kind of sad, though. Probably growing up means the end of the youth.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.