Thursday, August 23, 2007

Learning English vocabulary

I'm trying to learn new vocabulary for some reasons. It is not easy, and something I want to make an excuse like "I'm not a teenager any more. My memory is not as good as it used to be." However, I know this is a lame excuse. My memory might be getting bad, but it is not as bad as I can't memorize a few of new words.



Especially, it is hard for me to learn the names of popular pin-up girls ("gravure idols" in Japanese) because more and more girls come and go very very quickly.

And this applies to other older English learners in Japan who always say that they can learn new words. Of course, they can. Even they can't, it is not because of their momories. Let me explain why I think like this:



I learned her name, but I still don't know what she does. Singer, pianist, actor, or comedian...?

My dad is much older than me. But, he knows much more TV personalities than me. Why? Because he watches TV shows much often than I do. I'm sue he can learn English words if he spends as much time to try to memorize them over and over as to watch his favorite TV shows.

Some people say that English is difficult to learn. But, I think that what is difficult is not the English language but repetition for learn it.

Finally, I remember her name, but it seems like she's already become one of the popular female actors in Japan. Am I too slow?

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.