Sunday, August 19, 2007

Ball game 2

Yesterday I went to watch a ball game with my friend. The game was okay, but we couldn't get any seat and we had to watch the game by standing.

According to the Japan Times:

Yakult Swallows hurler Seth Greisinger took the mound against the most
potent offense in Japanese baseball and responded with eight shutout innings to
lead his ballclub to a 3-0 victory over the Yomiuri Giants on Saturday
night.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sb20070819j1.html
We left the Tokyo Dome right after the 7th inning ended. We were very tired. The time was still 8 o'clock, but we just said good-bye and parted. He was playing Nintendo DS while waiting for the game. I thought that he was rather unique, but probably I was wrong. At the café we were at, there was a group of high school kids studying. Each of them was occupied with their work and wasn't pay attention to their friends. Maybe this is a tendency of current youngsters.

After I was back home, I recognized that Seth Greisinger was such a dedicated picther that he took a note at every interval between the innings. No wonder he's one of the best picthers in the Central League despite his pitch is not that fast.

Speaking of baseball, I got very surprised by a game of the national high school baseball championship.

Nichinan Gakuen 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 3
Tokoha Kikukawa 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 1 4

Although Tokoha won the championship in the spring, I heard they weren't trained to do "small baseball." However, they won in the very hard situation. I think the team was much stronger than I had expected.

Although it is often said that the game isn't sure until it ends...

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.