Sunday, December 02, 2007

Movie Day!

Yesterday was a movie day, which you can watch one with only 1000 yen (usu. 1800 yen). Then, my friend and I went to watch movies. We watched TSUBAKI SANJURO and Beowulf.

The former wasn't that good. It is a remake of an old movie, which I haven't seen, but the story was too simple and kind of boring. If you are a big fan of Yuji Oda, though, you should see this.

Beowulf, the latter one directed by Robert Zemeckis, was pretty good. This is IMDB's plot:

The warrior Beowulf must fight and defeat the monster Grendel who is terrorizing towns, and later, Grendel's mother, who begins killing out of revenge.

But, what you can learn from this movie is the supidity of the heroes, including Beowulf, who have made a lot of mistakes because of desires. Grendel's mother must be the symbol of satan but who wants her is human. The way this discrepancy is described is the best part of this movie.


This movie is based on Neil Gaiman's novel. Neial Gaiman is a best-selling author. One of my friends in the United States recommed me to read his novels. Although I'm busy reading other stuffs, I want to read some of them soon.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2007-2009 OUTRAGEOUS. Some rights reserved. You may copy or quote any article on this blog site as long as you credit OUTRAGEOUS. All pictures are credited to original photographers and owners.